Hi there, I’m Anita!
I’m a fourth-year student at Oregon State University majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Statistics. I’m currently most interested in learning more about machine learning, full stack development, and how to use tech for social good.
I am an undergraduate researcher at OSU, mentored by Dr. Minsuk Kahng. Currently, my capstone team and I are helping Dr. Kahng develop a novel video searching and browsing web application that leverages a deep learning model in order to service custom queries about TV shows.
I am also a peer tutor for the College of Engineering and the Treasurer of the Adaptive Technology Engineering Network (ATEN) club. I have also helped to put together and host the Leading and Enabling Adolescent Futures in STEM (LEAFS) Program at OSU in the winters of 2019 and 2020.
Beyond academics and extracurriculars, I have a little bit of industry experience from my internship at Google in 2019. As a Google Engineering Practicum intern, I worked on a web application for the Network Planner team that would allow users to upload CSVs and visualize geo-tagged data for the purposes of planning a shared spectrum ecosystem.
Feel free to check out the links below for more information about my work experience and academic background:
- CS 16X - Introduction to Computer Science Series
- CS 261 - Data Structures
- CS 290 - Web Development
- CS 271, ECE 375 - Computer Architecture and Assembly Language
- CS 325 - Analysis of Algorithms
- CS 340 - Introduction to Databases
- CS 344, CS 444 - Operating Systems I & II
- CS 352 - Introduction to Usability
- CS 361, CS 362 - Fundamentals of Software Engineering I & II
- ST 351, ST 352 - Introduction to Statistical Methods I & II
- ST 421, ST 422 - Introduction to Mathematical Statistics I & II
- ST 441 - Probability, Computation, and Simulation in Statistics
- WR 327 - Technical Writing
- CS 391 - Social and Ethical Issues in Computer Science
Hobbies + Fun Stuff
When I’m not working or studying, I really enjoy reading, trying new teas, cooking and baking with and for my friends and family, and playing some (kind of dorky) video games (mainly The Sims 3 or Flight Rising haha). I have also dabbled in bookbinding and I took piano lessons for 12 years of my life, though I rarely have time to play nowadays.
Up next on my bucketlist
- Learn how to train and deploy a machine learning model as a web app.
- Make Earl Grey ice cream.
- Complete a tour of all the chocolate shops in Portland.
- Create a web app to keep track of my Sims 3 family trees.
- Create a program to calculate the carbon footprint of a meal.
- Finish The Uninhabitable Earth by David Wallace-Wells.